Delivery & Tracking
FREE delivery of 6+ bottle orders, to most of mainland UK (otherwise starting at £4.99 for 1-5 bottles) on Mondays to Saturdays with the APC OverNight network.
At the moment we only deliver to England, Scotland (Mainland), Northern Ireland (special rate at checkout; given the Brexit situation this is under review) and Wales. For orders to other areas (e.g. Scottish Highlands and Islands, Ireland and Channel Island), bespoke surcharges are added based on our courier rates. They also have individual delivery discounts at higher spend.
Please contact us if you have questions: email@example.comNorthern Ireland - we are looking for a local pick & pack solution.
***Some post codes take longer to get to or are more costly:
- 2-3 working days from order: AB30, AB33-36, DD8, DD9, DG and TD
- 3-4 working days from order: AB37-38, AB42-45, AB53-56, IV21-24, IV26-28, IV40, IV52-54, KW1-14, PA36, PA40, PH30-31, PH33-41,
- 3-4 working days from order: PA80
- 1-2 working days from order: AB41, AB51-52, FK17-21, IV1-20, IV25, IV30-37, IV63, PA21-35, PA37-39, PH15-26, PH32, PH49-50
Where is your parcel?
In the evening of the day we picked your order, our courier (APC) will send you an email with a consignment (tracking) number.
On these sites you can track your parcel and (if needed) reschedule delivery:
- Track: https://apc-overnight.com/receiving-a-parcel/tracking
Reschedule delivery: https://apccalled.com/
APC uses GPS tracking all the way to handing it over, so a parcel is rarely lost. We also photograph all boxes before they are closed for dispatch.
Note: Sometimes when the APC sites are under pressure, you have to try once or twice before they load properly!
Please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe that any items or parcels are missing.
It is important that you keep all packaging material, as we will require photos of
- the shipping label on the box
- the box itself showing bottles and filler material as packed
We take photos of order as they are packed to enable us to go back and see what was sent, to enable tracking of where something may have disappeared.
Usually we can resolve queries / missing items issues very quickly! :-)